|Animal Hazards : Birds
- Wild birds or nuisance birds are classified as such due to the damage they can dispense for homeowners and farmers alike. North American birds that fall under this category are: pigeons, starlings, English starlings, sea gulls, cowbirds, blackbirds, crows, Canada geese, woodpeckers and cliff swallows.
- Pest birds cause tens of millions of dollars of damage every year to buildings, machinery, automobiles, roofs, ventilation systems and much more.
- Bird droppings are very acidic. They eat away at many substrates, especially tar-based roofing materials.
- Acidic bird droppings can do great damage to air conditioning equipment, industrial machinery, siding, insulation etc.
- Most bird droppings, but especially pigeon and gull, will fade paint finishes by actually eating into the protective coating and the paint itself.
- Droppings and nesting materials on or around a building send a message to the public that this building is not properly maintained. One is forced to wonder how clean a restaurant's kitchen could be if they don't even care about bird droppings dripping down the sign.
- Pigeon, starling and sparrow nests are often built in rain gutters, drains and corners of roofs where drains are located resulting in blockages that can cause severe flooding and water damage.
- When birds build their nests inside electric signs or other machinery there is a great risk of fire. Electric sign companies blame bird nests for most of their sign fires.
- Bird nests built in chimneys and ventilation systems can spread diseases through the system and block air-flow which can have horrible consequences.
Birds are carriers of approximately 40 diseases, a few of these being salmonella, histoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, transmittable gastroenteritis, thrush, and encephalitis. Insect pests such as bedbugs, chiggers, foul ticks, mites and fleas, as well as parasites, can also present themselves when these birds are present.
- Diseases need to be transported from place to place in order to spread. Birds are a perfect mechanism for spreading disease because they travel great distances.
- Birds also pose health threats to humans and pets with the bacteria found in their droppings and nesting materials.
- Vegetable and fruit gardens are particularly vulnerable to birds. Nuisance birds like to eat seedlings and fruit such as blueberries. These birds are basically migratory or only visiting when the fruits or vegetables are ripe; otherwise, they move on and the problem is short-lived.
- Pigeons enter attics of houses, apartments, restaurants and other buildings through openings. In most cases the pigeons build nests and discard their bodily waste.
- Often the weight of the droppings becomes so great that the actual ceiling collapses.
- Droppings are acidic and can eat through metal, paint, fabric and plastic.
- Businesses: Bird droppings are a slip and fall liability claim waiting to happen.
::Removal & Treatment
- We will evict problem birds by installing bird control products that are long-lasting. These products will not harm the birds and can blend
with your home or buildings aesthetics
Animals Removed Include:
(Select from the list bellow or Click on the Animal on the top of the page)
.: F A C T :.
More people have died in the world from rodent related diseases than any other cause.